"...the field is white all ready to harvest..."-D&C 4


Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's Official!



    As of 1:45 pm on May 8, 2013 Mitch officially entered the MTC ( Missionary Training Center)  and became a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! They have what they call curbside drop offs. I call it a Drive-By Drop off. You pull up to the curb where a bazillion missionaries are waiting for the new missionaries.
 You throw your missionary and his bags out and drive away.
(OK we did get to hug him a little and say goodbye)
     The missionary waiting grabbed one bag, Mitch took the other and they were off!  
                                 
In his 1st letter Mitch says:
I don't know where to start! This is only my second day and it could possibly been the longest day of
 mi vida. I will start with yesterday. After you left me it never stopped! It was fast pace the whole time, I like wanted to cry. Lots of meetings and listening and meeting the Hermanas and Elders.! My companero is Elder Lourenco. He's pretty cool! It is only the second day though so we will see. I really have no time and it makes me feel straight crazy. I also heard some stuff about Argentina and its visas that make me assume I will definetly be a visa waiter. Pray for that and we will see how it works itself out!

I won't lie the MTC is not enjoyable (so far) I don't like rules and I don't like sitting on hard chairs all day.
I really do see things happening though.! I have language study/class everyday.
Today we had it for more than 6 hours no joke. Each class is 3 hours sitting... no me gusta.
I can reallt testify to the gift of tongues. It is one of the most challenging/frustrating things I've encountered but I have learned SO much in only two days. It is weird but awesome!

I haven't cried myself to sleep yet haha so I guess that's good. Although it might be tonight these beds are not all that amazing. Plus these blankets are not up to par with my handcrafted love coverings...I don't have alot of time or much to talk about. Say hello to everyone! 

 Love, Elder Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment