"...the field is white all ready to harvest..."-D&C 4


Thursday, November 14, 2013

November 4, 2013

Birthdays in the mission kind of stink a lot, but I got it on a p-day so I guess I lucked out :)
My area is pretty cool, I think a little less poor then the one I started in, but still people live in like concrete huts with tin roofs and no windows, water.. or toilets. Pretty much nothing. The missionary pensions are usually not huts... but they are pretty ghetto. I was thinking the other day walking through the streets with a billion diseased dogs and dirt and mud.. (it rained like I have never seen the other day) I thought wow dad would literally die here. Suprisingly I am already used to the conditions here, I dont remember the US much. How weird is that? Its only been a week. But yeah, things here are super sketchy. I have fought dogs and Im pretty sure the things I return with will all be different from what I came in with. Being robbed happens a lot here. We heard that the buenos aires missions are some of the most dangerous for missionaries.. which I can believe. We have a block that got circled in our area with red. I later found out a missionary got his throat cut like a year ago there. Its all good though, he lived. But things here are a little more intense! haha I have to be on my A game all the time. Also they were not kidding about the blonde hair, blue eye argentine love. I have some full grown women flirting with me. I am not too attracted to the women here. I pretty positive my future wife will be in AMERICA!!! haha but yeah, I stand out reallly hard here. Not alot has happened here though. A lot of working with the few members we have and well yeah. My companion has been here in this area for  8 months so he is kind of burnt out because he has clapped all the houses. Work here is tough, there will be a lot of service because these houses are like all hand made and falling apart. So yeah. that and just trying to help in all the ways I can, all I can say is these people are a little different then what I am use to. but still good.

Also I have made a christmas list for you.you can choose if you want to give me anything but nonetheless it has been made haha
1. Electric shaver, not one with the three spinners but like bars.. if that makes sense.
2. cologne. (I stink all the time) that would be luxury :)
3. there is a water filter from cabellas that is like a black pump.
4.Just money in the card to buy souvenirs here
5. the USA world cup jersey, its red and white stripes.. for when the world cup comes!!! :)
6. Hard drives and sim cards for the camera!!!
7. CANDY AND JERKKKKKYYYYY!!!

This is all, its relatively small. But you dont have to do anything if you dont want. These were things I just thought would be nice! but yeah! Argentina would be nice if I could party here.. but just work, maybe I can play soccer here though. Thats fun. but yeah, we are going to splurge and either get subway or mcdonalds :D these are like fancy restaurants here haha how funny!

well! Les amo

be carfull and know I love you!!! Chau

Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment