"...the field is white all ready to harvest..."-D&C 4


Sunday, September 15, 2013

August 19, 2013

SANTA VACA!!!!

My mind is blown, I warned that girl, I warned her!!! LONGBOARDS ARE A NO!!! Mom sent me a picture of the fracture and the screws, I hope it heals good, or she's going to have a leg longer than the other. ha Tell her I love her, and I'm sorry, but it's impressive she was just walking on it like that, she's a trooper! 
Note from mom: Mitch's sister, Marah, broke her ankle and leg
So I went in to the doctor for my toe, and found out that both my big toes are ingrown and have to have surgery on them too. hahaha so this Wednesday I'll lose those, he said it was from all the walking and soccer... but freak it could be worse and I could have a broken ankle. Sean Farley fell and knocked out his two front teeth... sooo this week has been rough.

Today we are going to go on a hike in this canyon so next week I should have some pictures. I have some stories so I will try and type fast. First story, I'm thankful everyday for my Latin ward. We have a family that was being taught and asked if they could learn in Spanish so they gave us the family to teach. They are so great and they love us, two are on date to be baptized and the other three are attending church. BUT we have their other ward always texting/calling us to report to them. We were confused seeing as they weren't interested in an English ward at all, and we already report to our own bishop and everything, so it was super ineffective to talk to them. So one day we didn't text them back, and that night we got a call from a high councilman. Chastising us. Then the bishop was demanding that we report everything going on with this family.  He was like let's have a meeting. We told him we don't have time for a meeting especially since we have lessons and are busy. He responded "MAKE TIME!"  He involved the zone leaders and the sisters who taught them the first lesson (7 missionaries in all) We simply said the family told us that their ward is overwhelming. This family has a neighbor who I guess invited them to take the lessons, but they actually took the lessons because they have friends in our ward. The bishop told us that English programs have more power.... I was getting SO mad so I explained how we are there because they want us, that they should respect the family and not force them into an English ward. It was super contentious and the bishop and stake president called me unto repentance. At the end we asked the President to say a prayer, because trying to talk was going no where. I was sooo mad that whole day, I just kept reading scriptures on patience. haha

Also we went on splits thursday. I went with the only black missionary in the whole mission. Elder Mbawa from Africa. We rode bikes for the whole day, soo fun. It reminded me of when I rode my bike everywhere when we lived in Utah, Now I'm back tearing up the streets again haha There are a lot of Tongans and Samoans in Utah, and we visited a Tongan Ward Barbeque. It was Glorious! I love Tongans! Then we had a lesson that was translated into Tongan for a guy. That was cool. I had a baptism with Elder Mbawa. The family didn't even know me, but insisted I got in the picture for her baptism... SO I guess it counts haha Easiest baptism I have ever had.

Things are going good here, the work is slowing, but we are trying to find and I am determined we will. In Alma 29:4-5 it talks about how God will provide us with our desires whether it be wicked or righteous. That we can achieve anything according to the desires we have. I desire to be a great missionary and baptize!

I'm trying to think if there is anything else.... oh yeah I got really sick last night and destroyed this investigators bathroom, at her surprise birthday party... Mexicans are so funny, I was embarrassed for well, just stinkin up this bathroom. But somehow it like helped me gain her and her families trust. They said since I could do that I was comfortable with them to be able to use their restroom, they felt comfortable with us haha :) SO WEIRD but cool.

But anyway we are gonna go hike this Canyon/mountain yeeeaaahhhh.

I love you guys sooo much, marah your a dummy but I love you too, hope your leg is okay! Mom, way to be a good mom like always, and dad thanks for all you do and how good of a worker you are.


Les amo

Mitch


No comments:

Post a Comment