"...the field is white all ready to harvest..."-D&C 4


Sunday, May 17, 2015

April 20, 2015

     So transfers have come, and I'm leaving the area, presidente, me dijo que tiene.. wow I started writing in spanish without realizing it jaja sorry, president told me that he has a special assignment for me. and so we will see what that is, I don't think I will be zone leader, in fact I think I'm going to get an area that is hard, or a companion that needs help. But I'm excited to just be in the service of the Lord! :)) 
     Something super intense happened today also, because president confused my letter with someone elses saying that they wanted to go home... and well he called me today in the morning really mad, because the farewell of converts and missionaries was last night for all that were in my group, and he was like I wish you told me sooner elder, but if your done, then you dont need to be here, and was like talking about sending me home tomorrow... I almost threw up... like STOP THIS IS MADNESS WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO GOOO!!!! and then after like begging that he in his fury didnt send me a casa, We all realized that it was just a big misunderstanding.... but I just about showed up like the movie the return missionary... ¨jared, why are you home? I thought it was next month¨.... I almost cried but it helped me to see how much I love the work.
     Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament and looking at the ward that was grown from 85 people to now regularly like 110 (yesterday we had 116) in church, I have seen the Lords hand here in this little area. We have 2 people whom I love that are going to get baptized this weekend, but I won´t be there :( and they who are going to be baptized are bringing their family to church, and there are less active families returning, and recent converts talking and bringing more people to church... I came to an area that was wealthy and difficult, and I have seen more miracles and blessing then maybe all my mission... My joy is full. I Couldn´t believe that President was going to ¨send me home¨ when I really feel that this life and work is my home. My mind and body are exhausted but I know God has commanded that we work in his viñard and if I can I will.! 
     We will see each other soon, but I see that when one understands the purpose of the Lords plan and really sees one purpose, the vacation is never there, the whole time leading up to live with God once again, is preceded by a hard labor time. 
     Keep watching conference. Make plans.. on how you will change to do it better, and just be obedient. The Lord blesses humble obedience. Do a review, a self check. and choose to change and live EVEN more like Christ.There is room for improvement always. I'm excited for the temple of Cordoba. Its were my trainer in Utah is from. and IT will be something really beautiful. 

I love you all, thanks for the examples you are and for the work your doing to help others! 

Love Elder Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment