"...the field is white all ready to harvest..."-D&C 4


Sunday, October 12, 2014

September 8, 2014

Querida familia mia,

This week has been a long one and we have worked a fool. 
     We had to travel quite a bit and well we didn't have a lot of time in my area, but we have been finding people. This week we had 5 people go to church, one just had his baptismal interview and is going to be baptized this saturday! We have another family that walked to church which is like a solid 5 to 7 miles without bus.... super awesome family, then another kid who is super cool we played soccer with him and now he's going to church... super cool kid. so this week was awesome with that aspect, but we just keep moving forward... wow I just realized I finished 16 months now... ITS FLYING. My comp is getting better with all the things that are being hard for him so that is awesome. I'm super happy for him and now he's participating a little more with everything.. I've been trying to be a lot more loving haha 
    Honestly I love this area it is perhaps my favorite. I am already good friends with lots of the members and the things are just working out! The Lord is blessing us mucho. This week we went to the temple, and it was soooo nice to just be calm and not think about so many things, we were walking around and saw that there were some missionaries playing soccer in the MTC (it's right next to the temple) and so we went and we were talking with them... it was funny to see how much I've grown since my mtc experience... I was talking to them and they didn't understand a THING and there was one who was Mexican but lived in the states.. like spoke English perfect. I was talking to him and he was like Wow elder you speak really good... like if you didn't tell me I would think you were argentine...then he screamed if he can talk this good you guys have hope hahah It made me so happy 

 
I CAN SPEAK SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I think I can finally say that. 
     Then this week a member gave me some new shoes... God bless him. Well they are not new either, they are old... but I will have to send pics of my shoes so you can see what I was dealing with... we are going to burn them today. I went to a shoe place and asked if they could save them... they laughed in my face.

     But yeah this week has been really great, and now we are going to go `play a little bit of futbol so I'm excited.. also they weather is warming up... its glorious I love it. 

     Also This guy tried robbing us the other day... one of the weirdest funniest moments ever... Ill explain some other time, but just imagine my giant comp who doesn't understand the language and then this like drugged out guy screaming.. my comp was fearless and well nothing happened but wow... super funny. 

     Tell Landon Hi and tell everyone that I send hellos  y holas. and well I miss you all a ton... tell Hailey she looks kind of GORDA and that some sit ups would help. also... that's all I can think of now.
(Mitch's sister Hailey is pregnant)

Hope everything is getting better everyday! 
Love Elder Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment